Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fall already?

Well, that was quick. Summer I mean. It seems like May melded into June and then, whoosh, late August and now September.

Summer has been work, check up on the baby, dentist visits and finally Eastern Tour 2009 which went far differently from expected. The Tuesday prior to our departure, my friend in Connecticut was driving home from work at 4:00 p.m. when a 17 year old driver, approaching from the other direction on the two lane road, "fell asleep" and drove into his car, resulting in the destruction of his right ankle. Now, three surgeries later, it looks like all will be well.


The baby appears headed for a career in gymnastics, moving and turning. Or at least that's what I'm told since I've yet to truly feel it. The GEG swears it's moving but when I put a hand on, zip. Nada. Nothing.


The summer has also yielded two unexpected bonuses: I've found two missing high school, junior high school friends. One via the internet (who knew he'd have a website) and the other through, duh, Facebook. If you're interested in peaceful, attractive art, check out

http://www.michaelchemel.com/.





Lastly, how about those Yankees? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help it if you have a calming influence on the babe. Maybe he/she thinks the presence of your hand means "stop that"! This kid has 4 months of growing yet to do--you'll have your chance to feel it kicking. As for me, it's going to be a long 4 months. Geez, the kid is doing more somersaults right now!

    ReplyDelete