Wednesday, April 22, 2009

RSS? Wasn't That A Camaro?

OK, now I've moved onto the next step, RSS feeds. It is true that a great many sites have RSS feeds; sports, media, oddities. Among those sites, many offer differing feeds, fine tuning (supposedly) the information sent out. Powell's Books (a great firm if you'll pardon the plug) has seven different feeds.


Perhaps bucking the trend, I remain unimpressed with the
phenomenon of RSS feeds. If I'm that busy that I can't visit the
websites I'm interested in, perhaps I could quit my day job and concentrate on those things that interest me. Like magazine subscriptions (which seem like a good idea when you fill out the card to mail in), they have the potential to snowball, causing an information overload that cannot be managed.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's just me.

Oh, and the sports scores? Just a service we provide.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, sometimes there can be too much technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the magazines bit--most of mine end up unread on the Friends sale table.

    ReplyDelete